Just in time for our Grand Re-opening Celebration on Sunday at 11am at the Overlook Trail Kiosk, we have a new map produced by a team of Overlook Trail Stewards, the Sonoma Ecology Center, and the City of Sonoma.
Some of our goals were:
- Greater clarity on hiking options, parking, mileage, and elevations.
- A better sense of options of getting to and from the trails (for example, including the bike path).
- Depicting open areas and forested.
- Showing areas of the trails accessible to wheelchairs.
- Putting the properties within a broader context by showing locations of such landmarks as the Sonoma State Historic Park, Field of Dreams, and the Plaza.
Eventually the map will be joined at the kiosk with text trail descriptions to give hikers a better sense of what a particular trail offers (e.g., views).
This map is temporary, which provides us with an opportunity to invite feedback on potential enhancements to the map. Therefore, if we can add or change something that would help you understand the trails better, please let us know by commenting on this post.